Monday, September 14, 2009

News September 14, 2009

In Gaston, North Carolina, the number of homeschoolers is going up, according to an article in the Gaston Gazette.

The Anchorage Daily News is running an article entitled, "Home School: Making the Grade?" The article states, "Should Alaska join the ranks of other states by tightening its home-schooling laws...State Education Commissioner Larry LeDoux wants to at least ask the question."

Thanks to Proverbs 14:1 we learn about Heart of the Matter Online, a website that Proverbs 14.1 describes as wonderful for homeschoolers, having great pictures.

Kit and Caboodle writes, "Being able to study what you want, when you want to, is the beauty of home school. " Her younger daughter is studying an Equestrian curriculum.

Science of Relations is hosting the weekly carnival of homeschool blogs. It's episode number 12. Read it, here.

There are a large number new of homeschool blog posts online today. If you'd like me to include a link to your blogpost contact me at ap@pass-ed.com.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I agree that if kids are not engaged in their learning, they are not retaining the information. It is something I remind myself to watch out for in our daily schooling activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle, I like to link to insightful posts. So, I'm glad that I found your post. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete